Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Mohair, Luscious Mohair...

Hello, everyone! Happy 2012! I can hardly believe we have reached the year 2012 already. I remember when I was in second grade and we changed from 1975 to 1976; it was so difficult to get used to writing 1976 on my papers. Am I the only one, or do you have memories like that?

It has been all quiet on the bear-making front here in the studio. The Crew members and I have been taking a long winter's nap (which has been much longer than winter). I am hopeful that I'll be able to jump back into the fur and fluff soon. I think that Sebring is eager to oversee the making of more Crew members. Oh! I need to introduce you to Sebring. Soon. I'll do that soon.

Speaking of fur and fluff, there's a new group on Facebook for art, craft, and bear-making supplies. It's active with a lot of great materials on offer. Go on and take a peek and join up if you like!

Because of the group, I pawed through my stash of fur yesterday to see if there was anything I wanted to sell. Mohair and alpaca are such beautiful fabrics. I really enjoyed stroking the different pieces of fur and dreaming of the bears that might come to life someday. As a result, I had bear ideas cavorting through my head all night! Now, if I could just find the time to make them! Did I find anything to sell? Yes, a couple of beautiful, soft synthetic pieces and a piece of alpaca, as well as some mini fabrics. But the rest? I couldn't bear to part with it! I kept all the mohair pictured below--and then some. Ah, mohair. I do love it. Do you?

8 comments:

  1. Welcome back. I have been wondering where you disappeared too.

    Sebring? Oh, we can't wait to see this "overseer" in your studio.

    Happy sewing.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a mohair and alpaca addiction, too. When I have an idea for a bear, I drag out all the pieces I feel might be suitable, then drag out paw pad materials and try to match it...so much fun! We are so fortunate to be able to work with such gorgeous materials!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, welcome back! Looking forward to seeing what that pile turns into :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to cry! You make us wait so long! Welcome back and happy new year! I can't wait to see your new bears =)

    WE MISS YOU MY FRIEND!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Debora, it's so great to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am the same, I tried to sort some mohair out for the group this week and too many ideas have been buzzing about in my mind so I can't part with mine either. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much, everyone! I am glad to be back and am eager to work on some bears. I hope I can find some time soon! I like mohair and alpaca, and I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one. :o) Hugs to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to see you back Debora, I have a "wool addiction". Mohair too but wool fabric is my first love!

    ReplyDelete

We love getting comments here in the Crew studio. Thank you for taking a peek at New Avenue Crew and leaving us your calling card. Blessings and bear hugs to you!