Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

A Little More Cinnamon

Thank you all for coming out to see the online Teddies Worldwide holiday bear show last weekend. Did you enjoy the show? I very much enjoyed visiting all the lovely bears, and I've even met some new friends as a result.

I'm happy to say that sweet Cinnamon found a new mom during the show! She should be arriving at her new home anytime now.


I was inspired to create Cinnamon by my memories of the sight, smell, and taste of the delicious cinnamon apples my Grammie made each Christmas. I made Cinnamon from a new pattern I created this summer. I found that I really liked her size (13.5 inches / 34 cm); she's nice to hug and carry around. And her wavy, distressed mohair (from Teddybearmohair.com) was fun to work with. I love the beautiful red color! I adorned Cinnamon with a solid brass "petal" sleigh bell that makes a lovely tone.


I love to create classically styled bears with long muzzles, long arms, and a slight hump at the shoulders. I've already started working on my next bear from this pattern.


We will miss Cinnamon here in the New Avenue Crew studio. But knowing she'll be loved in her new home makes me happy. I will just have to make more bears!

4 comments:

  1. She's a lovely design, I'm sure her new mum will love her

    ReplyDelete
  2. No doubt in my mind that she will be treasured and adored forever. She's just gorgeous girlfriend. Well done! I'm so happy for you!
    xx, shell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teri Kehrli - Kehrli BearsSaturday, December 04, 2010

    She is wonderful Debora! Sweet, sweet face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debora! Cinnamon is great! Perhaps this is the first red teddy bear, whom I so loved:)
    And I so am glad to get acquainted with you)))

    ReplyDelete

We love getting comments here in the Crew studio. Thank you for taking a peek at New Avenue Crew and leaving us your calling card. Blessings and bear hugs to you!