Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

A Pile of Pandas in Progress

As I was pawing through photos of the Crew members, I came upon this one and realized that I hadn't shared it with you yet. So without further ado, here is the photo you haven't seen before:

Chocoli, Ha Lee #2, and Ha Lee #1

OK, technically, you have seen the panda on the right here on my blog; her name is Ha Lee. She is a Christmas panda I made in 2001. I was so delighted when she was chosen to appear in the Christmas bears feature in the November/December issue of Teddy Bear and Friends that year, my very first bear in one of the major teddy bear magazines!

This is a picture of a pile of pandas in progress, so I should introduce the other two bears, er, heads. In the middle is Ha Lee #2 (Ha Lee was an edition of three bears), and on the left is a small chocolate-and-ivory panda named Chocoli (Chinese for chocolate). When finished, Ha Lee was about 8 inches tall, and Chocoli was about 6 inches tall. Here is Chocoli all complete, pictured with William, who is about 13.5 inches tall.

Chocoli with William the Cub

On my desk, I have a pile of sewn mohair teddy bear pieces and another pile of cut-out teddy bear pieces, but no pandas this time. Maybe I need to add a panda to my list of things to make this year!

8 comments:

  1. Your Pandas are such darlings. I love them.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great pictures! I love those pandas! It's never to late to share those beautiful creations you made! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Wayne! I am glad I shared the pictures and that you like my pandas. :o)

      Delete
  3. Aww, cute in progress shots of the heads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katy! Haven't shared them till now probably because I was afraid some people wouldn't like seeing heads without bodies. But they did receive bodies and are happily living with one of my dear collectors in Ohio.

      Delete
  4. Such a sweet hug of pandas! I love the multi coloured noses! I was all excited thinking they were new ones waiting for a home and then I read further! Boooooo! I think they are all absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like them! I take it that is a vote that I should make another panda soon, right? :o) (Sorry to disappoint you.)

      Delete

We love getting comments here in the Crew studio. Thank you for taking a peek at New Avenue Crew and leaving us your calling card. Blessings and bear hugs to you!